About the SCI Product Certification scheme
SCI is a Product Certification Body currently going through the UKAS accreditation process. We provide third party conformity assessment of steel construction products and systems against the requirements of EN ISO/IEC 17065. Conformity assessment – Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services
SCI Product Certification will provide assurance that your product meets all relevant and current requirements.
Certificates offer clear, unambiguous statements about compliance and are structured to follow the Basic Requirements for Construction Works as set out in the Construction Products Regulation.
SCI Product Certification is separate to SCI Assessment and the SCH NHBC schemes. It operates under its own rules of governance and has its own procedures, competence assessments and training requirements. It is subject to review by an Impartiality Committee to ensure that SCI certification activities are undertaken in an impartial, independent and open manner.
SCI is developing schemes covering the certification of:
- Individual structural elements
- Cladding and roofing
- External walls (infill)
- Light steel framing systems
- Modular building units
Increasingly, procurement organisations and government and public sector bodies are specifying requirements for accredited, third-party certification. With this in mind the SCI certification schemes have been developed to:
- Help manufacturers differentiate their products and gain acceptance in the market
- Help meet the requirements of warranty providers such as NHBC, Premier Guarantee, LABC etc.
- Provide confidence to specifiers, end-users and other interested parties that the products fulfill specified requirements