Complaints and appeals
SCI is committed to offering clients a leading certification service in accordance with the requirements of EN ISO/IEC 17065.
We aim to resolve complaints and appeals promptly in a fair and impartial manner. All information will be treated as confidential.
The complaints process:
- Complaints should be made in writing to the Product Certification Manager
- The Product Certification Manager will discuss the complaint with the SCI CEO who will decide who will investigate the complaint
- Complaints will by acknowledged by SCI within two weeks of receipt
- SCI will conduct a thorough investigation of the complaint
- Once complete, the investigation findings will be passed to the CEO who will make a decision on the validity of the complaint
- If the complaint is upheld, then corrective actions will be implemented
- The complainant should receive a response within four weeks of the acknowledgement of the receipt of the complaint. The response will include:
- A summary of the investigation conducted
- The conclusion from the investigation
- The decision reached and an explanation for the decision
- Any actions taken as a result of the complaint
- The complaint details, outcome and any resulting actions will be recorded as part of the Quality Management System.
If you would prefer to speak to someone before submitting a complaint, please contact us on +44 (0) 1344 636501 or by email to Certification@steel-sci.com.
Where a client feels that a certification decision taken by SCI is unjustified, they have the right to appeal. All appeals will be fully investigated by SCI.
The Appeals process;
Provide in writing a clear description of your appeal together with objective evidence to support each aspect and element of your complaint or appeal. Provide the full name and contact information of the person submitting the appeal.
All complaints and appeals must be sent in writing to:
The Product Certification Manager
SCI, Unit D, Silwood Park, Ascot, Berkshire SL5 7QN
Telephone: +44 (0) 1344 636501